It’s tradition for me to fly out to Vegas every Fall to spend quality girl time with my dear friend/beauty professional/plant-based nutritionist/writer, Ashley Diana, and to collaborate on some fun Halloween recipes! This is our third year and going strong. Normally, our Halloween Extravaganza includes a gazillion recipes for you to put on a fabulous party, but this year we kept it simple and are thrilled to bring to you four amazingly delicious and easy recipes that you could actually enjoy all year long, so long as you have pumpkin spice and a can of pumpkin puree in your pantry ;-).
Pumpkin Spider Web Donuts, Spider Egg Donuts Holes, Pumpkin Spice Cashew Milk, and a Goulish Martini.
Why the short menu this year? So many exciting things are happening in our lives! Ashley is expecting a baby in just a few weeks, she just launched her Marvelous Milkshakes at Violet’s Vegan Restaurant, and in addition to my business growing (workin’ my magic in the kitchen pretty much 24/7), planning for my brand relaunch from My Eclectic Kitchen to Yvonne’s Vegan Kitchen, I flew out to celebrate the arrival of Ashley’s baby.
Ashley’s closest friends and I put on the most beautiful baby shower, and I almost can’t believe I made all the desserts, including a 2-tiered cake. It was a jam-packed weekend filled with so much love, boisterous laughter, and delicious food, leaving us feeling like superheros when all was said and done.
So, let’s begin. Here’s how it works. She and I brainstorm ideas, I create the actual recipe, and Ashley styles, photographs, and edits the photos. #TeamWork
I actually make these donuts and sell them around Los Angeles in the fall. If you feel like just picking up a donut, click here to find out which stores carry my goods. Give them a call first to see if they have any more in stock. Lastly, if you want to make this recipe into donut holes, check out our Spider Egg Donut Hole recipe, here!
Hope you enjoy!
PUMPKIN SPIDER WEB DONUTS
Time: 45 minutes
Yields: 7 Donuts
- 2T + ½ Cup Oat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Potato Starch
- 2 Tablespoons Arrowroot flour
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ Cup coconut sugar
- 1 Tablespoon flax meal
- 1/2 teaspoon + 1/8 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ Cup Pumpkin puree
- ¼ Cup oil Grapeseed or almond butter(smooth)
- ¼ Cup filtered water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 3-4 Tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, add all the ingredients together and mix until combined
- Scoop batter into donut pan and bake for 12 mins
- Allow donuts to cool completely
- Place chocolate chips and coconut oil into a deep small bowl. Place in microwave and cook for 35 seconds. Remove bowl, mix the chocolate and oil together, then place back in the microwave for 35 more seconds. Mix completely.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Dip each donuts, allowing excess chocolate to fall back into bowl and place the chocolate-coated donuts onto parchment paper.
- Allow the donuts to set in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Decorate with decorator icing. Can buy it from the store or make it with 1cup powdered sugar and about a Tbsp water.