If you have not yet read my 3-minute miracle bread post, you are definitely going to think this 2-minute bread recipe is crazy. Let me tell you, it is crazy…crazy good!
Before I begin, I want to share that I happen to be married to a very picky eater. Please do not get me wrong, Peyman is open to trying just about any type of food. He just has a very discriminating palate. One of the recipes that Peyman enjoys is my 3-minute miracle bread recipe. Since it is made of primarily almond flour, I have always felt that it contained too much fat for regular consumption. In my never-ending quest to discover and create healthier recipes, I researched and tested other bread recipes. As my test guinea pig, Peyman did not particularly like any of the breads.
For a while, I was at a loss. It was not until I was testing a dessert recipe, that I experienced an “aha!” moment. While I was substituting sorghum flour with oat flour, I realized that I could probably use oat flour to create a quick-to-make bread. I tested this idea one night while making veggie burgers for dinner, and I am proud to report that my quick-to-make oat/flax bread was a success. Peyman loved it!
I am so grateful to have Peyman beside me on this journey. Although Peyman does not suffer from gluten intolerance like me, he is willing to support me and sacrifice for me. Since I eliminated gluten in my diet, I can breathe better and my skin has improved tremendously. The little changes that we have made in our diet have been positively life-changing!
We enjoy this bread as a burger buns, slathered with dijon mustard, ketchup, crisped veggie burger patties, accompanied with sliced tomatoes, onions, and pickles. So good!
I also enjoy this bread, sliced in half and toasted on a griddle and smothered with my mixed berry chia jam. Yum!
I hope you find 2 minutes to enjoy this bread, too!
If you’re not sure if you’re gluten-intolerant, here’s a slide to help you out. My IG friend, Natasha Gildea posted this and I thought it was something great to share!
Now, finally, here’s the recipe I’ve been talking about!
2-Minute Miracle Bread
Serving size: One bread = 2 slices
Time: 5 minutes
1/2 cup of gluten-free oat flour (I pulverize gluten-free oats in my blender to make oat flour )
2 tsp of coconut flour
1/4 tsp of baking soda
1 1/2 heaping tsp coconut sugar (or 2-3 drops liquid stevia)
A pinch of sea salt
3 Tbsp of flaxseed egg (or 1 Tbsp of flax meal mixed with 3 Tbsp of filtered water)
1 Tbsp of filtered water
1 Tbsp of coconut oil (melted) or grapeseed oil (just a smidge less than 1 Tbsp)
1. In a small bowl, add the dry ingredients and mix. In center of the bowl, create a well and add the wet ingredients. With a fork, incorporate the dry into the wet ingredients. Mix well.
2. Spray coconut oil or non-stick cooking oil in a large ramekin, small bowl, or Pyrex glass bowl. Spoon the batter into the bowl and flatten. It may help to have slightly wet fingers when pressing down on the batter to remove holes and to even it out.
3. Microwave the batter for approximately 2 minutes depending on the strength of your microwave. If it feels too gooey, microwave for an additional 15 seconds. 2 minutes is always perfect for me.
4. Remove the bowl from the microwave and flip over onto a plate or cutting board. It’s important to allow it cool for about 2-3 minutes before slicing. Slice with a small serrated knife.
*Alternatively, you can bake this bread in a preheated 375F oven.
You can eat as it is, as we did, or toast in a toaster (make sure it’s completely cool first though), toaster oven, or on a pan or griddle with a little oil.
- Before being heated in the microwave
- After being removed from the bowl. Remember to let it cool before slicing!
Sliced oat/flax bread
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Please let me know how yours turns out! Bon appetit!
Share on Facebook