The 2nd recipe in this year’s Halloween Extravaganza are these Spider Egg Donuts. Yes, the thought of real spider eggs is truly disgusting, BUT we thought they’d be disgustingly delicious in this vegan, gluten-free, oil-free donut hole version. What other time of year can you make weird and gross-themed recipes like this? Oh my goodness. We just have too much fun coming up Halloween recipe ideas.
To make our lives a bit easier and to show you how to make your life easier too, Ashley and I made two versions of our Pumpkin Donuts. Double up the recipe and make 2 different items for your dessert Boo-fet tables! We made our Pumpkin Donut recipe into a chocolate glazed version and into donut holes covered with powdered sugar! Using the same ingredients you can still have something different and really fun that your party guests will love.
SPIDER EGG DONUT HOLES
Time: 35 minutes
Yield: About 28 -30
- 2T + ½ Cup Oat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Potato Starch
- 2 Tablespoons Arrowroot flour
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ Cup coconut sugar
- 1 Tablespoon flax meal
- 1/2 teaspoon + 1/8 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ Cup Pumpkin puree
- ¼ Cup oil Grapeseed or almond butter(smooth)
- ¼ Cup filtered water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 3-4 Tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, add all the ingredients together and mix until combined
- Scoop batter into a mini muffin pan and bake for about 12 mins. They will not be perfectly round. However, the top part of the donut will be more roundish.
- Allow donuts to cool completely.
- Roll in powdered sugar!