Looking for a vegan and gluten-free cookie recipe that’s hearty, easy to make, and won’t leave you feeling guilty for popping 3 or 4 cookies in your mouth? Well, you are in for a lucky treat! My chunky, chewy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with walnuts, pecans, and coconut will most definitely do the trick!
This marvelous cookie contains no oil, refined sugars, or flours. Rather, it is packed with fiber, protein, and omega-3s! You will love the texture of the oats, the crunch from the pecans and walnuts, the slight sweetness of the apple and coconut, and the punch of sweetness and creaminess from the chocolate chips. These are truly heavenly. I hope you love them as much as I do!
Chunky, Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies with Walnuts, Pecans and Coconut
Time: 25 minutes
Makes 16 cookies
V, GF, DF
2/3 cup rolled oats (gluten-free)
2/3 cup oat flour (gluten-free)
1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp coconut sugar
1/3 cup shredded coconut
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp fine sea salt
1/8 tsp xanthan gum
2 heaping tbsp pecans, roughly chopped
2 heaping tbsp walnuts, roughly chopped
1/3 cup semi-sweet vegan chocolate chips
¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce
1tbsp almond butter
½ tbsp flax meal
1 ½ tbsp filtered water
1 tsp vanilla extract (no alcohol)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. In a small bowl, mix together apple sauce, almond butter, flax meal, filtered water and vanilla extract. Mix well and set aside.
3. In a medium-large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and mix.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly to combine.
5. Scoop out balls onto a cookie sheet, lined with parchment paper or a silpat mat, using a 1-ounce ice cream scoop or by measuring out 2 tbsp balls. Flatten the tops of the cookies with your hand or a spatula.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden. Allow them to sit on the baking sheet for at least 2 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool.
Enjoy!Share on Facebook