My favorite way to prepare potatoes is to roast them with garlic and herbs. I love their flavor and how they are a bit crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. I usually serve them with a side of mixed vegetables, with “meat”loaf, or even with stir-fry sans rice. Herb roasted potatoes are also super easy to make and make a lovely side dish.
Herb Roasted Potatoes
Time: 45 minutes
Brief: Red bliss potatoes roasted with garlic and herbs are a bit crisp on the outside and soft and tender on the inside.
Diet: V, GF, GFV, DF, SF, SRF, CFNF, NF
6 red bliss potatoes
2 garlic cloves, minced
¼ tsp rosemary, minced
¼ tsp Italian parsley, minced
¼ tsp thyme, minced
2 Tbsp cold-pressed olive oil
sea salt, as needed
cayenne pepper, as needed
1) Heat an unlined half sheet pan in a 400 F degree oven.
2) Cut the potatoes into quarters. In a large bowl, mix together garlic, herbs, 1Tbsp olive oil. Season with sea salt and cayenne pepper to taste. Add the potatoes to the bowl and coat the potatoes with the garlic herb mixture.
3) Once the pan in the oven is hot, open the oven, and carefully pull out the oven rack where the hot pan is set, quickly spray the pan with cooking spray and pour the potatoes onto the pan. You should hear a sizzle. The hot pan should give the potatoes a nice browning. Spread the potatoes into an even layer so that each piece is touching the pan.
4) Make sure to flip the potatoes a few times in the oven to prevent burning and to brown each side.
4) After 30-40 minutes, once the potatoes are browned and tender, remove the pan from the oven. Serve.
Share on Facebook